Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'll Appreciate It When I'm Older, I'm Sure...

I've always known that I look younger than I am. I'm 20 right now, and when people are asked to guess my age, they usually guess somewhere around 15 or 16. However, I recently had an encounter that made me think that I look even younger.

I was at my brother's jr. high school dropping off some change of schedule forms. As I came out of the school, a boy came toward me. I had to stop myself from laughing because he had the whole strut thing going on. When he reached me, he gave me the whole little head nod and said " 'Sup?" He tried everything to get a conversation flowing.

Finally, I couldn't bear it any longer. I asked, "So just curious...how old are you?"

He had a very proud look on his face as he replied, "13."

"Okay, now just curious, How old do you think I am?"

"Wait! Are you older than me?!" He said this as if it were the most absurd thing he had ever heard. "Are you 14? Cuz we can totally make this work if you want."

"Did you just ask me out?! I'm older than 14."

"Are you seriously going into high school?"

"Nope, I'm past the whole high school bit."

"You're 18?! No way!"

"Yeah, no way! I'm 20."

"Are you serious? Um...well...uh...my I'm supposed to meet my friend, so I have to go."

Do I seriously look that young?? I got hit on by a 13-year-old! That kid is younger than my little brother who is 6 years younger than me. That's just weird. I do not look younger than my little brother!

3 comments:

  1. Almost everyone at Bowman's thinks I'm 16. I get hit on by baggers far more often than I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should make big signs to wear on our backs that says "I'm not 16...or 13..." Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's honestly a really funny story. I was laughing. But, I feel bad for you. Up until my junior year of high school people all thought that I was in elementary. Probably because I was about a foot and half shorter than everybody else... yeah, that's probably it.

    ReplyDelete