Monday, January 26, 2009

Just another day....Hahahaha! not happening.

I expected today to just be another day same as any other day. Hahaha! no. My mother woke me up this morning at 6:30 to have me move my car out of her way so she could head off to work. I groggily pulled on my coat, boots, and gloves and headed outside. However, I couldn't even get the key in to unlock my car. I sat there for 10 mins. slowly chiseling through. Finally, the key was in, but it wouldn't turn. I wanted to cry. My pj pants aren't all that thick, so my legs were freezing, and my gloves were all wet from the snow, so my hands were freezing, and my boots were soaked through because they're not exactly waterproof, so my feet were freezing. I was out there another 20 mins. fighting with the key. It wouldn't budge. Finally, my mother came out to see what was taking me so long. She got impatient and completely scraped all the ice off my windows (Thank you, Mother!). Then she came to try to turn the key. It wouldn't budge for her either. She went inside to get my daddy. He came out, and tried to turn the key to unlock my car, but nothing worked. He sprayed WD40 all over, but to no avail. Mother called my Nana to ask her what to do because it used to be Nana's car. Nana agreed to give Mother a ride to work. My dad propped a heater in front of the lock and left for work. I went inside and almost fell back asleep as I was trying to warm up. However, I finally pushed myself to get ready because I had to go to school. When I went back outside at 8:30, the stupid door still wouldn't unlock. My Nana suggested hot water because that worked for her once. So I went inside and got a whole big pot of water boiling. Then I went and dumped it all over my door...all the surrounding ice instantly melted. However, the key still would not turn. So I boiled more water and put it in a spray bottle to attempt to attack the lock directly. It didn't work, so I melted my name in the snow on the trunk. It was 9:30 by this point, so I knew I wouldn't make my class. I decided to start walking to work because I had to be there by 11:30 and it takes me 2 1/2 to 3 hours to walk there. I borrowed my brother's mp3 player to help me walk faster. I pulled on my backpack...that way I wouldn't get annoyed with my purse as I was walking and headed out. Keep in mind that my boots are not waterproof, and Murphy's law made me come across several puddles. I had been walking for about 20 mins, making really good time, when a lady stops and asks if I want a ride. She seemed vaguely familiar and nice enough, so I agreed. She dropped me off at the library because I was now running very early. I read my book until I had to go over to the school I work at. I get through work easily enough, but on an empty stomach. Yes, I am idiotic enough to attempt to walk for three hours in the snow on an empty stomach and with no water. My mother told me that Nana was going to pick us up after work. I decided to make it easier on Nana, so she'd only have to go to one location, also I had nothing to do until 4:00, and I walked to the school my mother works at. Thankfully, she works really close to me, and it took me 15 mins. to walk there. Nana came and took us home, and Mother called for a locksmith to open my car. He pried my car open and unfroze the mechanisms; however, I don't trust locking my car. It's a good thing I don't have anything valuable in there...the car itself isn't valuable. Hahaha! So today turned into quite the adventure. But hey, at least it wasn't boring!

1 comment:

  1. Bleh! That sounds like a terrible day! I'm sorry it was such a hard day for you. I've never had the locking mechanism freeze in my car, but I have had the door freeze to the frame so I have to pull and pull to open it. I guess that's what happens when you have to park outside. Let's hope your next days are better!

    ReplyDelete